About Me

My photo
Lifestyle branding for the guy-hot girl and the hot guy who loves her

Friday, April 19, 2013

Vintage Video Friday

This video represents a huge part of a special time in my life. No, not the time of one night stands...that would be a very different blog post! The time when the music that I loved and real life started to become one.

Leeann's style in this video is breath-taking. She was a major country talent taking a chance and going retro. The leading man for this video is Jack Ingram, a Texas country artist at the time. Over the past few years, Leeann has become a bit less in the spotlight while Jack has left the "Texas" style for Nashville at times. But in about 2005, it was the perfect pairing of the female singer-style that I adored, a man who's attitude I loved and a new place, Texas, that was full of intrigue.

Over the next 4 years, music (its style, its location, its breath, its everything) began to play a bigger and bigger part of my life. Eventually, I'd meet Jack. I'd move to Texas and I'd think that music could save me.

But then, it got fuzzy. Real life and real work in this beautiful new land didn't quite fit. I knew I'd never return to Iowa but life wasn't perfect. I was starting to feel more like William Miller's mom in Almost Famous than Penny Lane. Everything got too heavy. I had to start over. Again. So tomorrow, I head out to see Jack Ingram at Gruene Hall in New Braunfels, TX: my adopted hometown. Second chances at a second act.

Who's gonna love me tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment